OCZ Deneva MLC SSD for ZIL
Jason J. W. Williams
2011-10-31 20:55:39 UTC
Does anyone have experience using the OCZ MLC Deneva's for ZIL?
Alternately the OCZ Vertex 2 EX SLC?

-J
Ivar Janmaat
2011-10-31 23:18:58 UTC
Hello Jason,

The idea is that MLC SSD isn't advised for ZIL.
SLC is a lot better because it can withstand writing to the diks 10x
beter than MLC SSDs.
The best solution however is a DRAM ZIL.
It has better sustained iops and will be much durable.
Suggested reading material:
http://www.ddrdrive.com/zil_accelerator.pdf

Ivar
Jason J. W. Williams
2011-10-31 23:20:51 UTC
Hi Ivar,

I understand about the MLC vs. SLC distinction, but MLC is getting
better and I'm more interested in anyone's real world experience with
the reliability of the Deneva 2 drives.

-J
Rich
2011-10-31 23:42:30 UTC
Deneva 2 is based on the Vertex 3, not Vertex 2, as I understand it.

Which are you asking about?

- Rich

Jason J. W. Williams

Jason J. W. Williams
2011-10-31 23:48:20 UTC
We're actually looking at the Deneva 2 SLC for ZIL and Deneva 2 MLC for L2ARC.

-J

On Mon, Oct 31, 2011 at 5:47 PM, Jason J. W. Williams
Post by Jason J. W. Williams
Deneva 2.
-J